Sunday 26 April 2015

Only Time


Who can say if your love grows,
As your heart chose - Only time,
And who can say where the road goes,
Where the day flows, only time,

Who knows? Only time

- (Only time by Enya)

Every time someone tells me, With time, you'll know the answer, I wonder. So what's this time going to do? Obviously, I don't know the answer to that too. You don't as well. 

But anyway, I stood with it, time. As the clocks went all tick-tock, I stepped away. I put myself in a different place, did different things, tried to avoid texts, calls. I laughed, cried, almost threw the phone in frustration but I refrained from jumping the boundary that time had put forth. 

In the complexities of today's relationships, I don't know what we are. Then again, they say time will tell.
The wretched know-it-all, time. And this, when I don't even wear a watch!

And yet as the seconds turned into minutes, I thought about you over and over again. I wrote to not think about you, I wrote to say something to you but I only wrote about you.

I hope you are hoping too, I wish you want it too, I dream you see it too. But the answer is with, only time.

1 comment:

  1. only time could ever decide the strength of patience you will have, in order to continue to be able to love someone who doesn't love you.

    ReplyDelete