Wednesday 22 April 2015

Going away, again

And the bags are packed yet again, now standing in the hallway.
I remember the first time it was like this, five years ago. Two big suitcases filled to the brim and being overweight with the luggage was not a worry. I'm told now, "Take the smaller suitcase, you anyway come home only for a few days".
Right at the door, my dog sits patiently. Five years ago, he thought I was just heading out and will be back in a few hours. When my parents came back home without me, he kept growling at them. Now, he's accustomed, every time I come home, he knows I'll be gone soon.
The mangoes are not yet ripe, but I'm told they are expecting a good lot this year. My sisters giggle, "We'll tell you how it tastes."
The kinara shop uncle is excited to know about my adventures yet gives my dad a look of disappointment when I say I'll be gone tomorrow.
There's a big renovation planned at home. "It will take a long time to have everything ready," says the architect. My mom turns to me with a heavy heart and says, "It will be done when you're home the next time."

2 comments: