Monday 29 June 2015

To Anonymous

There were times I would furiously write down what was on my mind and wonder who’s reading this anyway. I would shout into the void and wonder if there’s someone waiting to hear what I have to say. I would sob silently and hope that there was someone who understood.

*pop* Notification: Anonymous comment.

Not once or twice but Anonymous would be back with his words every time I wrote. Cheering me up when I was low, helping me up when I was down, Anonymous was always there.

There were times I would write and wait, why has there been no comment. No Anonymous notification, dropping down a few wise words. Seconds, minutes, hours, days, nothing. And then suddenly out of nowhere, Anonymous would be back, sometimes, back with a smile.

Just the other day, I was thinking I will write for Anonymous one day.

And then, my phone rang. You called. We laughed, we shouted at each other, we spoke till we ran out of words and right when I was on a rant about how you had forgotten me, you said, “So who do you think reads your blog every time.”

It was you. It has been you all along. And just like that, you make me realise that we may drift apart, we may not talk anymore but when the days are bad and the times are tough, we can always go back to those seven days, those few months and smile.


We were never bound by the shackles of a name, we were and will always be just two people, falling in love, just a little, oh a little bit every day with someone new.

1 comment:

  1. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

    ReplyDelete