Tuesday 13 January 2015

An old photograph

I was rummaging through the old box in the corner of the room. And as I put away the tattered teddy bear that I once held close to my heart and made way through the cobwebs that now entangled all the little things that at a time meant the most to me, I found them. In a file that was almost falling apart, I relived my childhood memories. High school photographs of memories good and bad, of laughter and tears and... of friendships lost and those that have strengthened over the years. And even though the photographs hold the ugliest side of me, they will never meet the trash box for they also hold a life that was once mine, a smile that was the brightest and a time that has gone by.

And that’s when I realised. You too are an old photograph for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment